Most innovative technology used to be born in Silicon Valley… but that’s quickly becoming a thing of the past. While northern California remains home to some of the world’s most well-known tech companies, other regions across the U.S. are now home to elite movers and shakers in the tech world.
The South is rapidly emerging as an important hub for tech, and it’s no wonder. With long summers, mild winters, low cost-of-living and high-caliber talent pools, the South is an increasingly attractive place to set up shop.
The best B2B technologies fill a gap in your business, helping you quickly and efficiently solve problems and save resources. Here a few Southern companies creating those solutions that you’ll definitely want to keep an eye on.
- MailChimp (Atlanta): This email marketing service is growing by leaps and bounds. The platform doesn’t just help you design, schedule and distribute e-newsletters—it provides helpful tips and performance metrics, so you can keep improving the quality of your content.
- Green Badger (Savannah): Going “green” is more and more important, and getting LEED-certified comes with many different rewards. Many businesses forgo the opportunity because the certification process is long and arduous. Enter Green Badger, a full-service platform to collect and streamline all LEED documentation—making it easier than ever before.
- SnapCap (Charleston): Need a loan to get your small business off the ground? SnapCap offers a completely new approach to business lending: honest, simple and quick. Get pre-qualified for up to $600K with their online system… in as little as 24 hours.
- Passport (Charlotte): This mobile-first platform has been adopted by more than 450 cities, universities, and private operators worldwide. You may not be excited about a tech-forward approach to parking, transit and tolling payments, parking enforcement, and permit management… but your home city will be.
- InsureSign (Charleston): If you ever need your documents signed, this software is a can’t-miss for you. With InsureSign’s easy-to-use web-based platform, getting started with an e-signature software is incredibly easy. Plus, you’ll save time with scheduled auto reminders, auto archiving and more—and you’ll never receive a document missing a signature again. (Start your free 14-day trial here.)
Are there any other southern tech companies that you admire? Who did we miss? Let us know your thoughts on Facebook and Twitter: @InsureSign.