There’s no business like small business! The entrepreneurial spirit, the vision, the hard work – there are so many incredible things about small businesses and the people behind them. And we aren’t just saying that because InsureSign started off as a small business or because many of our thousands of clients are also small businesses. Here are six reasons to support all of the small businesses out there:
- More personalized service. From bars to banks to software companies and everywhere in between, we all want to go “Where everybody knows your name.” By their very nature, small businesses excel at delivering personal service that customers rave about and large companies aim to emulate.
- Diversity in the marketplace. It’s often said that variety is the spice of life, and it works wonders in the marketplace too. Small businesses help give consumers more options in terms of the products and services they buy, and also help keep prices more competitive.
- Innovation and agility. Some of the best business ideas come from garages, basements and kitchen tables. And even once they have graduated to proper offices, small businesses continue to deliver innovative solutions to their customer’s problems, and often do so with more agility, flexibility and speed than their larger counterparts.
- Serving the needs of niche audiences. One-size-fits-all isn’t always the best approach – we know this very well. While we’re proud to count many other types of businesses among our clients now, InsureSign was first designed with the needs of insurance agencies in mind. Being a small business gave us the opportunity to succeed by serving a specific and unique audience.
- Good for local communities. Not only do small businesses create jobs in their communities, money spent in those communities is more likely to stay there – further strengthening them. And small businesses are more likely to give back to their communities and form business partnerships that help make local economies prosper.
- Backbone of the economy. According to the Small Business Administration, there are 28 million small business in the United States, and combined, they employ about 55 percent of all private sector workers. These businesses also account for 54 percent of all sales made in the U.S. That’s a big economic impact from small businesses!
Do you have another great reason for showing small businesses some love? Share it with us in the comments below.